We believe education is one of the most important tools we can provide the healthcare community. This is why we are proud to support advancements in medical technology, as well as ongoing education for surgeons, nurses, and other healthcare professionals through our educational grant program.
Every grant we award is based on 1) the merit of the educational program, as described in the submission, and 2) alignment with internal company policies. All grants are provided in rigorous compliance with the AdvaMed Code of Ethics for Healthcare Professionals and our internal policies.
No award is determined or influenced by the volume, or value of any business, that could be potentially generated by the grant requester. The grant requester is not obligated to purchase, use, recommend or arrange for the use of any product or service of Biosense Webster Inc. (“BWI”) or any BWI affiliate.
Organizations eligible to request educational grants
The following types of organizations are eligible to request support for educational grants from BWI:
- Academic Medical Institutions
- Professional Medical Societies
- Patient Advocacy Organizations
- Accredited CME Providers
Note:Physicians,group parties,and Medical Education Communication Companies(MECC) are not eligible to receive grant funding from BWI.
Activities not supported through our educational grant process
The following types of activities are not eligible for educational grant support::
- Programs not approved by BWI prior to the date of the event
- Requests outside the areas of BWI business, educational, and/or research interest
- Requests from individual Health Care Professionals (HCP), group practices, commercial organizations or MECCs
- Travel, expenses or fees for specific conference/society participants. As an exception, travel may be requested for HCPs in training, e.g. fellows, residents, medical students, if the request comes from the program sponsor or medical educational institution
Clinical Fellowship Funding
We're committed to working with medical institutions, thought-leaders, and other healthcare professionals to inspire innovation, educate patients and improve patient outcomes. Therefore, BWI is pleased to support educational grants for fellowship programs sponsored by teaching institutions, community hospitals or medical societies/associations that have a bona fide interest in, and track record of, advancing education and research in therapeutic areas of interest to BWI. Our fellowships are
awarded to qualifying medical institutions or societies based on established criteria around the merit and rigor of the program, as well as funding availability.
Investigator Initiated Study Support
We support unique clinical research studies of scientific and business merit with grants that provide either funding and/or products. Applications for this type of study, called an Investigator Initiated Study (IIS), receive a cross-functional scientific, business, regulatory and healthcare compliance review from a committee composed of several medical and scientific members each with a particular area of expertise.
To submit a research proposal for Investigator Initiated Study support, please visit:
How do I submit an educational grant request?
To receive consideration, requests should be submitted at least 60 days prior to the start of the program. Submission of a grant request guarantees neither approval nor support for the entire amount requested (or any portion thereof).
Educational grant requests must be submitted using the link provided below. Our online portal guides you through the request process but we strongly recommend that you review the Frequently Asked Questions and Quick Reference Guide to ensure you have all the information you will need to complete the application.
If you are submitting in the portal for the first time, you will be asked to register in the system. This one-time step will save time when submitting future requests. Please have all required documents completed and available to submit as attachments before you begin the online application process.
Minimally, the following documentation must be uploaded with your grant request:
- A signed letter of request on organizational/institutional letterhead describing the program
- W-9 (completed with institution name, address, Federal Tax ID number, signed and dated)
- A program agenda or brochure
- Accreditation certificate (For accredited programs)
For assistance with the submission of Educational Grant requests:
If you would like assistance, please contact [email protected]
- Budget — Attach the completed budget template to the grant request.